What is Blepharoplasty?
Cosmetic eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty, is a procedure used to improve the appearance of the upper, lower, or both eyelids. It rejuvenates the area surrounding your eyes to give a more rested and alert appearance.
Blepharoplasty can be performed to correct:
- Sagging skin that creates folds that diminish the contour of the upper eyelid and impair vision
- Excess deposits of fatty tissue which create puffiness in the eyelids
- “Bags” under the eyes
- Sagging lower eyelids that cause the white below the iris to be visible
- Excess skin and wrinkles in the lower eyelid
Is Blepharoplasty right for me?
Eyelid surgery is best performed on adults with healthy facial tissue and muscles. It’s important to have realistic goals for improvement of the eyelids and surrounding regions.
- Healthy individuals with no illnesses or medical conditions that may impair healing
- Individuals with a positive outlook and specific goals in mind for the procedure.
- Free of pre-existing, serious eye conditions
- You should notify the surgeon if you have a condition or disease such as glaucoma, dry eye, or a detached retina; Thyroid disorders; cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, circulatory disorders, or diabetes.
How much does Blepharoplasty cost?
The cost for eyelid surgery varies from practice to practice and includes a handful of variables. During your consultation, you’ll want to make sure you are taking into account the following costs:
- Surgeon’s fee
- Hospital or surgical facility fees
- Anesthesia fees
- Prescriptions for medication
- Post-surgery garments
- Medical tests
Ok, I'm in. What should I expect?
Step 1: Schedule a consultation!
At your consultation, be prepared to discuss realistic expectations based on your unique build, genetics, history and lifestyle. You may be asked to get pre-surgical lab testing, medication evaluation and to stop smoking if you are a smoker. blepharoplasty does require anesthesia and you will receive specific pre- and post-operative instructions from your surgeon.